Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lesson 1a/b World Book School Edition

I just checked out the kids edition. I don't use this one much since I mostly work with middle and high school students. The pictures are great and very user friendly for kids. I chose dolphins for my animal and I enjoyed watching the videos and pictures. I noticed the text read aloud options and I always appreciate the citation information.

I use the student edition frequently with different classes. I like the current events section and just noticed the inventors section which we are currently doing a unit on. For my animal, dolphins, there was more specific information about it along with the links for related information such as websites, books, etc.

The World Book Advanced version: I noticed the ebooks available which I had not checked out previously. Again it's easy to use with the different sections on the left and the tools available.

With World Book Discoverer, I noticed the comprehension questions available, and the translation tools as well as the Spanish and French versions.

Lesson 1B
I tried out the World Book Online for Kids - Public Library version. I tried out the games and activities, World of Animals, biographies, maps, etc. On Info Finder I perused the biography center, current events, and the virtual tours. I also tried out the links to newspapers.  With the World Book Reference Center I tried out the interactive maps, current events, and some of the research tools.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome! You've noticed a lot of the great features World Book offers! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete