Chilton is an interesting database that I confess I have not used before this. It was easy to look up the Cherokee Jeep and find the repair manuals I needed. They had tips, videos, animations and I could print out pictures and directions that I would need. I'm guessing I won't be using this database unless I'm helping a student but I know a few people that might like to try this out. It might be very useful to them.
Below is what I found on the Geo Prizm 3 speed authomatic and the path I used:
The A131L transaxle is a 3-speed automatic, developed specifically for transversely mounted engines. The wide gear ratios and efficient torque converter combine with the built-in locking clutches to operate quietly and efficiently.
PATH: Transmissions > Automatic Transaxle > Description
Mango Languages:
I love, love, love this database! I have been using it the last couple of months when we were first sent the information about it. I have been brushing up on my German, a little Spanish, and even tried a little Dutch. I have told our teachers about it and hopefully our foreign language teachers have used it.
Okay, for the Vietnamese speaker learning English, I selected the tab for Non-English speakers and then I was able to figure out from the flags and words which one was Vietnamese, then I noticed when you hovered over the link you could tell that way as well.
I know when I selected the Spanish and German courses I was able to take a placement test to find out where my starting place was which was very helpful. I noticed threre is a new interface called Mango Connect and I believe they just added the religious & scholarly section which had 4 languages there. I just noticed they have an app for it so I will be using that on my tablet or phone!!
Wonderful database and I know I will be using it often!
Monday, February 3, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay Mango! The iPad app is super. We've downloaded it at our house.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your post,
Julie