Friday, February 28, 2014

Lesson 7: EbscoHost Ebooks

1. I tried out the advanced search feature first using South Dakota as a seaerch and browsing through books on hiking and Native Americans. Then I put in "Literature" as my search and then narrowed it down by subject such as African American authors, Race Relations, and Class in Literature. This source is helpful for my English Lit courses when they do their research papers. I did notice the "Most relevant pages" feature which I believe is new. That is helpful to look at those first.

I also played around with searches putting in Literature and 18th Century, etc. Limiting by category is helpful: "biographies, literary criticism," etc.  Or, Literature and Surrealism; any of these will work for our research.

2. Fairy tale series:  For this search, I put in Fairy Tales as a subject search in the advanced search and had 16 results. The author of the series is Andrew Lang and titles are Violet, Yellow, Blue, Red.

1 comment:

  1. Great find! I had to go test out the most relevant pages feature! Awesome.
    Yes, the resources you found will be super for your English Lit courses. Thanks for the great post, Julie

    ReplyDelete