I thought ArchiveGrid was interesting--I am not sure how I will use it yet, but it is definitely worth looking at. The Sitting Bull information was pretty basic but I looked at other results for Sioux Indians, Sioux Uprising. I think there are some possibilities for history classes. I did some family research and although I did not find a lot, it might be worth it to look at it more and even contact a couple of libraries. We are currently doing a "People of the Past" project with 6th graders and I did find some worthwhile information for a few projects.
CAMIO was pretty cool. I had never tried this before and I plan on sharing this with art teachers and other teachers as well. I tried different features such as the favorites, slide shows, and create web pages. I hope our teachers will make use of this!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jo, so glad you were able to overcome your access problem! Thanks for your comments. I think ArchiveGrid, though it is an index and not full-text or image, is useful for history projects. I'm sure you will be a star among your art teachers for showing them CAMIO. I think it has great tools for student presentations. Thanks for your comments!
ReplyDelete