Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Week 10: Completing the Challenge

It's great that we have so much access to so many databases. I had used quite a few of these before and the past few weeks we have been going crazy with research so our students have been hitting many of these. They know how to access from home as well. I think my biggest discovery was the variety of databases offered within World Cat. I had not used those before and they proved to be helpful. I also enjoyed the ancestry databases.

I will continue to promote the databases with both staff and students. I offer presentations throughout the year and have all the links on my website as well. I also do activities with students at the beginning of the year (sort of a search & hunt activity) using the databases.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, Jo! Sounds as if you are ready to roll! Glad you find these useful and learned some new things, too. Thanks for participating and congratulations on completing the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete